So please don’t tell my husband this is vegan. Let it be our little secret.
I don’t need a lunch for tomorrow, as I have a department meeting with appies galore. However, hubby still needs epic noms. Being that I have a vegetarian blog, I decided a day without meat won’t kill him and managed to squeeze in a blog post while I’m at it. Ah, multitasking!
I made chickpea salad – lost my favourite recipe card, but this will do as a substitute:
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed/drained (or 2 cups cooked, if you aren’t a special ed teacher in the last week of teaching and have the time to cook your own dried)
- 1 mini English cuke/approx. 1/3 cup big English Cuke, diced
- 1/2 pepper (I used yellow, use what’s on hand). diced
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes (I used 1/2 a regular tomato, diced, and some cute golden grape toms)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- About 1/4 cup salad dressing of choice (President’s choice white balsamic with raspberry today)
- salt and pepper to taste
I lined the box with salad greens, cooked 1/2 cup pasta, drained it, cooled it, put that under the chickpea salad to soak up the dressing, then packed the rest of the box with the chickpea goodness.
If not vegan, and you eat dairy (hubby doesn’t), you could add some feta cheese to this – tasty! I might add feta to the leftovers for tomorrow’s blog post.